Applied Biopharmaceutics By Shargel
The Best Way to Learn Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics.
Applied Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics provides the reader with a basic understanding of the principles of biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics as applied to drug product development and drug therapy. The revised and updated fifth edition of this popular text remains unique in teaching the student the basic concepts that may be applied to understanding the complex issues associated with the processes of drug delivery and the essentials of safe and effective drug therapy.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- Chapter on Pharmacogenetics
- Explanation of the role of pharmacogenetics in drug metabolism using examples of drugs that frequently lead to drug interactions
- Chapter on the Impact of Biopharmaceutics on Drug Product Quality and Clinical Efficacy
- Enhanced applications to pharmacy practice with the emphasis on biopharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics and drug delivery
- Updated coverage of dosing in clinical situations including dosing in special populations and what to do with a skipped dose in patients
- Additional practice problems and clinical examples
- Newest concepts in biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics
- Reorganized content to follow today’s curriculum in pharmaceutical sciences
” … An excellent book on biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics … recommended not only for the newcomer, but as a valuable reference in any library.”
—Online reader review of the previous edition